At Medical Couriers, we transport medical specimens, equipment and supplies plus pharmaceuticals, drugs for clinic trials, and other material which requires special care to enable our medical system. Yes, we are transporting COVID-19 tests as well as other test specimens for local and national diagnostic laboratories.
In this dynamic health care environment where things are changing every day, we are being proactive to train additional courier drivers to have on call should we need to increase capacity. We would like to find some additional dedicated teammates who can help during this “flu season.”
This role requires attention to detail, calm carefulness under changing conditions, the ability to think on your feet, a safety mindset, facility with smartphone apps, and a love of driving (we drive over 500,000 miles per month across our fleet of high-mpg hybrid vehicles.)
We are proud that in our 50 years of being a family business and over 200 million transported specimens we have delivered 100% of specimens; through earthquakes, car accidents, terrorist threats, government shutdowns, and now a pandemic. Our team is inspired to come together in easy and difficult times because everything we transport is someone’s life.
If you are a hardworking, detail oriented, self-motivated individual who takes direction well and can think quickly on the fly, then this is for you! If you have been wanting to contribute to the northern California response to COVID-19, we can use your help.
- You will be paid to participate in training which ranges from one to three days. Then will you be placed in our on-call pool to provide support as our needs change or increase due to the dynamic health care situation responding to the novel coronavirus.
- You will be picking up diagnostic specimens from hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices all over the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento Metro Area.
- You will be trained on a variety of routes and protocols and have the flexibility to drive to different places at different times on different days as needed. The role requires a good deal of driving and sometimes waiting patiently.
- All of our couriers drive company vehicles with all gas expenses, maintenance, etc. paid for by the company. You must have a good driving record and be able to pass a background check. Routes start from our South Sacramento or Oakland hubs.
- As an hourly employee you accrue sick leave and after your six-month anniversary you accrue vacation
- Uniforms provided and must be worn while on duty
- Must have recent model smart phone (iOS or Android)
- Medical or pharmacy experience is helpful as is on-demand delivery experience (Amazon, DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, etc.)
Our couriers and our company are an important part of the medical care system. It’s important to maintain a positive, caring, and friendly demeanor as we interact with stressed and overloaded medical professionals. We are an essential service during the “shelter in place” order and will operate at all times. Couriers cannot work if they have flu symptoms. We provide personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, sanitizer) and follow a strict infectious disease protocol when visiting medical sites and handling specimens..
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour – Hayward or $13.25 /hour – Sacramento
* part time will still accrue vacation